Okay...April flew by so fast! I can't believe I even got some reading done. Here's what I've read:
1. The Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern* 5 stars
2. Bad Boys Ahoy! by Sylvia Day 4 stars
3. Replacing Gentry by Julie N. Ford 4.5 stars
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor 4.5 stars
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
6. The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson* 2 stars
Along with some great reads this past April, I was also able to go to LA Times' Festival of Books. I had a great time there. You can visit my post to learn more about it here.
My Plans for May:
May is going to be busy too. We are having the state tests at our schools so we are getting our students ready for them. We are also trying to get many projects completed before the school year ends. I am also going to be taking my CBEST this Saturday; one of the many first steps that I'm taking to go back to school and get my teaching credential. Also, I am pretty much performing every weekend. I, along with my fellow dance sisters, are getting ready for a very fun workshop with a master dancer from Cairo. He is intense and we need to make sure that we are "suffering" when we dance, lol.
Here's what I hope to read during working and dancing:
1. Becoming Americana by Lara Rios (leftover from April)
2. Fields of Elysium by A.B. Whelan
3. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
4. The Diviners by Libba Bray
5. Peel My Love Like an Onion by Ana Castillo
Wish me luck!!