Monday, April 7, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays #81


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser:
“I will find you," he whispered in my ear. "I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest."

His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me.


"Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” 


Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon



I just finished listening to this audio. It's a re-read of this book. It's not my favorite in the series but I still love the relationship between Claire and Jamie. This part of the book where the teaser comes from made me tear up. Oh Jamie...

Review soon to come...

17 comments:

  1. An audio book - wow - I have yet to try one of those.
    Nice tease Vonnie.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. start off with something light and fun so you can get the hang of listening to audios.

      Delete
  2. Oh my! Definitely swooning here!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tease! This doesn't really seem like something I'd normally read though. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A+ on the tease. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent Teaser! Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier to read about the Claire from my Teaser from SNOW FENCE ROAD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He doesn't make himself sound like much of a catch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord this series is amazing. That's actually one of my favourite scenes from that book, I have to start book 4 soon myself. Jamie is amazing.
    Thanks for stopping by my TT :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tease. Are you re-reading getting ready for the next book that comes out soon? I have it on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm re-reading so I can continue on with the series. I've read the first three books many years ago but do to the little time and the length of these books, I haven't been able to continue. But I can't simply continue on to book 4 after a 5 year break of reading these books, so I'm re-reading them as audios to go much quicker :)

      Delete
  9. Here's mine: (YA Fiction)

    http://pdworkman.com/teaser-from-stand-alone-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  10. SWOON. I've yet to read this series, though I have the first book and am DYING to do so! I really want to before the show this summer, especially. :) Great teaser!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am DYING for the show series to start!!!

      Delete
  11. Oh wow! That was intense! I really need to get started on this series.

    ReplyDelete