Friday, January 4, 2019

New Year, New...

Image result for 2019
Hello friends!

It has been a very, very long time since I've blogged. Please forgive me.
So much has happened in my personal life that prevented me from blogging and simply reading. 
And I mean so much!

First off...


I hit depression...badly. 
Yeah, I know. It's not a happy matter but it happened and I am not ashamed to let people know about it. Depression is a serious condition that should not be taken lightly and people need to know that it does exist.  

Image result for depression

For those of you who know, the school year 2017-2018 was my first year as a RSP teacher. I loved working with my students but unfortunately the environment was not positive. It quickly brought me down. The work load was intense and I had a boss who was constantly breathing down my neck even during my time off. What am I saying? What time off? I didn't have any, which meant, no reading and especially NO DANCING. You can imagine how I quickly spiraled down. 

My breaking point was the month of March 2018. I hit a scary low in my life that I hope to never revisit. Let's just say that a good friend had to have an intervention with me so I don't end up doing something stupid. 

Luckily, things began to shift.

Image result for depression

In mid-April, I got the position to be a RSP teacher at my home school, the school where I was an instructional aide for 9 years. My mentor retired and made sure that I took over her place. Yes, I still had to finish the school year at the negative school, but I at least had something to look forward to. 

As I worked on recovering my outlook on myself and life, I ended up meeting the love of my life. And guess what? We are getting married! 



He has turned my life around: it is more positive, it is full of love and laughter, and it is full of support. 

Now that it is 2019 and with the encouragement of my fiance, I vow to get back to my passions: reading, blogging, hiking, and most of all, DANCING. 

So...it looks like you guys are going to be hearing more of me again!!! 

Related image

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding the love of your life and on your engagement!!

    So glad to hear you are in a more positive place and are returning to doing the things you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      It makes a big difference when I'm surrounded by people that are caring and positive.

      Delete