Monday, September 14, 2020

Review: Gmorning, Gnight!

Gmorning, Gnight!: Little Pep Talks for Me & You: Miranda, Lin-Manuel, Sun,  Jonny: 9781984854278: Amazon.com: Books
By Lin-Manuel Miranda
Illustrated by Jonny Sun
Good morning. Do NOT get stuck in the comments section of life today. Make, do, create the things. Let others tussle it out. Vamos!

Before he inspired the world with Hamilton and was catapulted to international fame, Lin-Manuel Miranda was inspiring his Twitter followers with words of encouragement at the beginning and end of each day. He wrote these original sayings, aphorisms, and poetry for himself as much as for others. But as Miranda’s audience grew, these messages took on a life on their own. Now Miranda has gathered the best of his daily greetings into a beautiful collection illustrated by acclaimed artist (and fellow Twitter favorite) Jonny Sun. Full of comfort and motivation, Gmorning, Gnight! is a touchstone for anyone who needs a quick lift.


My thoughts: I needed this book! With so much happening in my personal life, I really needed some motivational words to help ease my mind and lift my soul. Gmorning, Gnight! was the perfect inspirational book! 

Lin-Manuel Miranda gathered all of his Tweets into this gem. I am not a big fan of Twitter so I was a little skeptical when I first approached this book. However, I was quickly enthralled by Miranda's talent with verse and his magical power of using his words to uplift readers. I love how every morning he began with "Gmorning" with a little saying; I especially loved it how at night, he would tie in the same morning verse to review and end the day. Every single poem/Tweet, was inspiring. I found myself writing many of them down (I read a library ebook version). I stopped when I decided to simply buy this book. It's too good not to have!

Overall, I loved this book! It was a super fast read yet it had great influence. It brought some light into my life when I was beginning to feel a little lost. This is a must to have on your coffee table! I rate it:



1 comment: