Saturday, March 23, 2013

Know Me Better #12

This is a weekly Meme by Inspired Kathy @ I Am A Reader, Not A Writer. Each week she picks 5 questions from her authors' interview lists and has us answer them :).


This weeks questions are...


What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
What is most memorable about your high school years?
Have you ever gotten up early for a "black Friday sale"?
Were you named after anyone?
Would you bungee jump, skydive or something similar?


What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?Why am I having a brain fart? Let's see...oh!
Back in September (two days after my birthday to be exact), my boyfriend broke up with with after being best friends for over ten years. None of my family and friends seemed to care how devastated I was. I felt very alone during that weekend that it happened. I turned to a co-worker and texted her my problems. She didn't say much but when I arrived at work the next day, she was waiting for me with a cup of coffee and homemade cookies. This small gesture brought me to tears and reminded me that I am still important. I am greatful to have her now as my closest friend.

What is most memorable about your high school years?
Oh gosh...so many positive and negative things happened in high school. I guess the most memorable would be spending time with my friends and starting my first paid job during senior year.

Have you ever gotten up early for a "black Friday sale"?
My mom woke me up once when I was 12 to try Black Friday for the first time. Needless to say, we were both shocked and have refused to participate in another Black Friday sale.

Were you named after anyone?
I was named after my mom's middle name out of spite. Yup...spite. My mom wanted to name me Elena but my father wanted Jasmin. My mom hates flower names and did not want to please my father (she got pregnant at 17 and my father kept trying to force her to have an abortion). My father told my mom that it would be Jasmin because he was male and his word is final. So when I was born, my mom gave me her middle name so that he would not have a reason to despute (it's Mexican tradition to name your kids after yourself).

Would you bungee jump, skydive or something similar?
Oh gosh no! Just the thought makes my heart beat fast and sweat start to bead on my forehead.





Now it's your turn!

5 comments:

  1. First jobs are always exciting...and then you realize you actually have to keep showing up for work! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I can do a black friday sale lol
    thanks for stopping by my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish someone would be waiting for me with coffee and homemade cookies in the morning! That was a really sweet thing for her to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your co-worker is so sweet. Sometimes we want to know that people are there for us the way we want. (I should listen to myself, I always think they don't care because they don't do what I want them to)
    But we are all different and express ourselves very different. I never know what to say to others in difficult times, I have a hard time expressing myself. I wish I could tell them I'm there for them but we let them know in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about we both bunjeejump but we hold our hands and jump backwards? Yes please!! :D

    Great KMB!

    ReplyDelete