Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays #113


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by A Daily Rhythm.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teasers:




EL ESPRIT OF LA ROSA
"Our appearance is part of our punishments. As if being stuck on this appallingly colored ship is not punishment enough."

WITHER
"That monster had left him here, only a few dozen yards from the village boundaries, to deliver horrifying news. It had been a mistake, a dreadful mistake."
 
STONE CURSE
"To be sure, when the curse first fell she had cried. And when most of the other servants left the castle, she had wept again in anger and despair."

ROSARA AND THE JUNGLE KING
"A second blow hits me on the back, crashing between my shoulder blades and throwing me back down to the soggy ground. I know what he is doing." 


THE WULVER'S ROSE
"If a woman can love ye--agree to wed ye--as you are now, ye shall be uncursed. Then yer misery will end." 
 
Five Enchanted Roses by Kaycee Browning, Savannah Jezowski, Jenelle Schmidt, Dorian Tsukioka, & Hayden Wand

I was super excited to get an ecopy of this. I really loved Roglewood Press' collection, Five Glass Slippers. I should be posting my review on this very, very soon! ;)



What is your teaser?

7 comments:

  1. I love these teasers! Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite fairytales. I will have to look for this collection. Thanks for sharing!


    Here's mine:
    http://www.literaryfeline.com/2015/08/where-is-your-bookmark-08042015.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers. I love retellings and stories based on fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some awesome teasers. Thanks for the introduction:)

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/08/04/teaser-tuesdays-124-my-life-as-a-white-trash-zombie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great collection of stories. Love your Teasers.
    My Tuesday post features SHELTER US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers. I am a fan of stories that are based on fairy tales. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/08/teaser-tuesday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woow! Anger, despair, misery... These fairy tales sound a bit sad. Hopefully they get their HEA.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. great teasers!!!

    Here's mine: http://www.girl-who-reads.com/2015/08/short-stories-for-light-summer-reading.html

    ReplyDelete