Friday, December 30, 2016

Share-a-Tea 2017 Reading Challenge Sign-up



Look at what I stumbled upon! A reading challenge with TEA!!!! I love tea. I drink tea when I wake up, when it's cold, when it's hot, when I'm reading, when I'm studying, right before going to bed, listening to music...Basically, I drink tea all of the time!

This Share-a-Tea 2017 Reading Challenge is hosted by Becky's Book Reviews. 

So what is this challenge about?


"Love drinking tea? Love reading books? Love reading a book while drinking tea? Have I got a reading challenge for you! In 2017, I'll be hosting the Share-a-Tea Reading Challenge. You can start a little early, if you want, maybe considering it a 'trial period.' But it officially starts January 1, 2017 and officially ends December 31, 2017...

...Which books count towards the challenge? Any book that you primarily read while drinking tea. Not every single page needs to have been read while drinking tea. (I'm not that strict!!!) But this challenge is all about celebrating SLOWING DOWN and SAVORING the moments."

I think that I can do that!  

Here are some things that were asked to include with the sign-up:

My reading and drinking habits:

Well, I tend to read a lot. However, 2016 was my slowest year for reading because I went back to school (I didn't make my GoodReads goal of 45. I read only 33 books). I am working on my teaching credential for special education and all of the work involved with it really cut down my reading time. I do hope to change that for 2017, especially (if all goes well) when I get my credential in May. :D

Like I mentioned above, I drink tea ALL OF THE TIME! My mom even exclaims, "How can you drink hot tea when it's so hot outside?" Yup, I drink tea during the summer as well. Other than water, tea is my choice of drink. I only drink coffee when I crave it or I really, really need to wake up and be productive. But tea is my first choice. 

My favorite kinds of teas are all of them. lol Actually, my favorite flavored one is Caramel. Anything with caramel is super yummy! I have various teas in my cupboard, but I want to venture out more of the different selections out there. Maybe this challenge will encourage me to do that?

Favorite book

Aye!!!! This is always a hard question! There are too many favorites out there! Let me list a few...
  • Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
  • Becoming Latina in 10 Easy Steps by Lara Rios
  • Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
  • I Like You by Amy Sedaris
  • The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo 
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  • etc...

Favorite Quotes

Book related: “A room without books is like a body without a soul.” ~Cicero

Dance related (I am a belly dancer):  "While I dance I cannot judge, I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole. That is why I dance." ~Hans Bos

Book & Dance related: “Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”~Voltaire
 
 I am super excited for this challenge!!!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're joining! My current favorite tea is probably lemon ginger by bigelow tea ;) But my 'current' changes frequently. I have about 6-8 cups of tea a day :) (Green tea for lunch and dinner; ginger tea for breakfast, and some flavored mostly herbal teas.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this reading challenge before. It seems like one that is right up my alley as I love drinking tea and reading books.

    I also enjoy drinking hot tea too. Organic jasmine green tea and organic rooibos tea are my favorite flavors, but I've been on a green tea/ginger tea kick lately!

    Anyway, have fun with the Share-a-Tea 2017 Reading Challenge. I may decide to join this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you join. I figured that I should join since I already drink tea and read books at the same time. :D

      Delete