Thursday, January 19, 2017

Friday Posts #13



It's that time again! It's time to participate in the many memes happening on Fridays.  
The first three memes will be focusing on the book...


Enslave
by Cathy Yardley



Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading!

Six Word Summary is hosted by the (book) supplier. The idea of the meme is to summarize a book using only six words.
http://images.gr-assets.com/books/1262463697l/6453283.jpgSix Words: Beauty and the beast are naughty.

Beginning: "My life is over!"
Nadia Bessonova tried not to roll her eyes as her youngest sister, Irina, wailed.

Page 56: "She's been taken by a man named Dominic Luder" she said and noticed the way his face went from shocked to carefully blank.
Yeah...this is an erotic, modern version of Beauty and the Beast. This book is obviously not for everyone.





 The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Every Friday, a question is asked and bloggers hop around to check out everyone's response. Here's this Friday's response:

What was the one time you thought the movie was better than the book? (submitted by Tomi @ A Bookworm's Guide To Life)

Answer: Actually, there have been two times where I thought the movie was better than the book. The first one was The Last of the Mohicans. For the life of me, I cannot get into the original classic but I simply adore the film. The soundtrack is actually one of my favorites. The other one was The Notebook. Yup. I thought the movie did a better job in portraying the love story, plus it made me cry my eyes out. The book left me feeling empty. This may be due to the fact that I saw the movie first before I read the book.



Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

11 comments:

  1. I like everything you shared. Not a big reader of erotic stories but some have surprised me:)

    MY Friday 56 from The Breedling And The City In The Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do much erotica, but sometimes the story is too good to resist. Happy reading.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting beginning for Enslave - don't we all have younger sisters we roll our eyes at? lol...here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sold with that cover!! Sounds good too though! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not at all crazy about The Notebook (the book) either, so I didn't bother seeing the film. Interesting answer! Here's mine: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2017/01/book-blogger-hop-january-20-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The film is nothing like the book! You should try it!

      Delete
  6. Totally forgot about THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS was a good movie. I never read the book.

    ENJOY the rest of your weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete