Saturday, August 29, 2020

Independent Bookstore Day

 Independent Bookstore Day | the American Booksellers Association


If you like to support independent bookstores, then you're in luck! Today is Independent Bookstore Day!!!

This event was rescheduled from April to August 29th because of COVID-19. Not only are many local independent stores celebrating, but a lot of events are happening virtually. You can visit the event page to find all the different ways to celebrate the day. 

My plan was to attend a few virtual author discussions today, but due to work stress I only got 3 hours of sleep last night. I don't think I'll be able to focus much if I try attending a Zoom event. So instead, I plan to visit my local independent bookstore's websites and support them by buying a couple of books. 

Here are some of my local independent bookstores that I enjoy visiting:


By the way, Book Riot is having a giveaway to support the event. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no to work stress! How are the IEPs coming along from the mess you inherited?? I am cautiously optimistic about how the year is going so far. There are tech glitches but that is to be expected in the early days. Hoping for a better rest of this week for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a giant mess! Our SPED department keeps sending different messages out to us on how to proceed. They say one thing then the next say they tell us not to do it because it's not legal. At the moment, my team and I are sitting with our arms crossed until the SPED department makes up their mind. I have no problem with the IEPs at my home school, but with the inherited mess...*sigh* I am just gathering data, crossing my t's and dotting my i's, and keeping log of EVERYTHING.

      Delete