Monday, May 22, 2017

Mini Reviews: 2 Audiobooks


Okay...here are some way over-due reviews on some audios that I listened to while finishing school:
 
Image result for book of broken hearts audiobook
Audiobook: The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler


Read by Zilah Mendoza

Duration: 9 hours & 56 minutes


My thoughts: This was was an excellent listen to! I was not expecting to hear a story based on some Latino characters. It was a delightful surprise because I was able to connect with all of the characters instantly. 

I adored Jude and her devotion to her father who had Alzheimer's. My heart broke every time her father had an episode or whenever Jude try to make him remember the simple things. I think I cried a few times for Jude and her father. And Emilio...though he was a Vargas--forbidden to date--he was dreamy! He was not dreamy in the sexy kind of way that romance stories try to portray heroes, but he had a genuine heart of gold. His patience with Jude's father, his understanding, and his devotion made me love him. Though he had his flaws, it made him a very rounded character.

I loved this story that I rate it 5 stars.   



Audiobook: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams


https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51LIrKW5GkL._AA300_.jpgRead by Stephen Fry
Duration: 5 hours & 53 minutes

Goodreads

My Thoughts: This was a re-read for me. I first read it as a physical copy and I could not stop laughing. It instantly became one of my favorites. So I decided to listen to the audio version of this book for a light read and oh my goodness...This was such a delightfully absurd story! All the wacky things that happened were very entertaining. And you cannot help but enjoy  Stephen Fry as the narrator, who also narrated the movie version (which was awesome!). He made everything sound sophisticatedly silly. 

So, what would you do if you were taken to space after Earth was destroyed to make way for a new highway? Lol Gosh, I can't get enough on how ridiculously funny this is. I rate it 4 stars. 


These books count towards the Audiobook Challenge. 

 2017 Audiobook Challenge


 

No comments:

Post a Comment