Thursday, March 26, 2020

Getting Out of this Funk


Hello dear readers,

I hope all is well with you and that you and your loved ones are safe in this terrible situation that we are in. I honestly pray that each and every one of you are healthy and out of harm's way. 

My husband and I are doing our best to be safe by staying at home. When we do go out for essentials, we make sure to sanitize everything we touch or bring back to our home. It definitely changed our daily life routine. We are both working from home, we're finding different ways to entertain ourselves behind walls (we do miss hiking so much!), and we make sure to give each other space for personal time. We're mostly trying to stay positive and stay sane. 


While my husband is busy working, I try to fill my days with old hobbies of mine, such as reading and dancing. My district is currently on Spring break, so I am trying to take advantage of the "extra" time I have to myself before I get hands-deep in trying to teach online. I am still trying to wrap my brain on how to support my RSP students through an online format and I am trying not to freak out about the legal things with their IEP's. 

Anywho, I am trying to get out of my funk. Though I have some time, I am having difficulty getting out of my reading and dancing funk. I feel like I lost my passion for both things: I can't focus when I read and I can't find the motivation to dance. *SIGH* But... I still enjoy listening to book discussions, learning about new books or anything book related, finding Little Free Libraries during my walks, listening to Arabic music, watching videos of friends and other dancers belly dancing, looking through costumes, and revisiting old pictures of events I've performed in. But why can't I do any of it anymore? Why can't I read more than 3 pages in a day or just stand up and shimmy to music?  I guess I have a lot of soul searching to do right now.

Enough about that. I am setting up mini goals to get me back into the swing of things. So...perhaps you'll hear more from me? :)

In the meantime, please take care and stay home!

Many blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear an update from you!! Pleas stay safe and healthy during this time. It's definitely a difficult and strange time to be living right now. The sheltering in place itself doesn't bother me or my husband so much... But the constant daily barrage of news coverage regarding COVID-19 is certainly stressful, especially when the news says things may get worse before getting better.

    My husband and I have been trying to have all of our groceries and other essentials delivered to our front door, but that is proving difficult the past couple of weeks as a lot of grocery stores and other places have stopped delivery to homes as they don't have enough drivers/vehicles to keep up with the increased demand for home delivery. Even scheduling curbside pick up is proving tough!! So there have been a few times that we've had to go in store shopping the past three weeks, which is worrisome to me. And of course lots of things are sold out like toilet paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the delivery system! We were having troubles with it so we sometimes have no choice but to go out to get essentials. My husband mostly does it though, since I still don't have a medical diagnosis of my condition, plus I have asthma.

    Being hospitalized for over two weeks last year has traumatized me. I have come up with a strict regime here at home to make sure that anything from the outside does not touch or infect our home. Yeah, my hands are super dry with the constant washing and sanitizing but at least we are safe! My husband does not need as many reminders anymore to change his clothes or wash his beard. It has become routine for us.

    I am mostly saddened right now for not being able to fully support my students. Now that schools are closed for the rest of the school year, I worry about the welfare of my students. I also worry about the legal matters behind their IEP's. I'll I can do right now is stay positive, let them know that I am here for them, and keep myself up-to-date with the SPED law.

    By the way, I am so happy to hear that you and your husband are doing okay! Yes it sucks that TP is still out, but at least you guys are safe. I am looking forward to catching up with your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gawd, being hospitalized is no fun! Our neighbor's adult daughter was hospitalized in February of this year for a week as she has MS and needed urgent medical attention because of a major downward turn due to her MS.

      Yes, our hands are super dry, red, chapped from washing our hands so often too. My husband has been doing most of the in store shopping too due my crps keeping me from being fully active as I'd like to be.

      Take care!! Good luck with your students. :-)

      Delete