Friday, July 2, 2021

Literary & Book Podcasts #1


At the start of the COVID-19 Pandemic, I found myself being drawn to podcasts. I listened from paranormal stories, to unsolved murders, to self-help podcasts. Though many of these podcasts were great, I found myself enjoying the book related ones the most. So I decided that every so often, I would share with you a literary and book podcast that I highly enjoy. 


Here's the first one:


Novel Pairings


What's it about? 
Novel Pairings is a podcast hosted by Chelsey and Sarah that is "dedicated to making the classics readable, relevant, and fun." In each episode, Chelsey and Sarah talk about a classic book and then recommend modern books that have similar themes to the classic. 

Why do I like this podcast? 
I've been having a difficult time picking up one of my classic books from my shelves for a few years now. Listening to this podcast encourages me to love the classics again, especially the ones that I've already read. I especially like to listen to their reading lists based on the seasons/holidays. I really like their concept of, "This book goes well with this book." There have been many times that I want to pick up a book that is similar to one I love. Plus, Chelsey and Sarah occasionally give recommendations of other podcasts. Because of them, I have discovered one of my favorite literary podcasts, which I will feature soon. 

If you like the classics and you like book recommendations, I highly recommend you give Novel Pairings a listen to. You can find them on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and any other place where you listen to podcasts. 

Visit their site here for more info. 


Stay tune for the next featured podcast!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a worthy podcast to listen to. I'll check it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you do listen to the podcast!

      Delete