Friday, August 23, 2019

Bout of Books 26: Day 5

Bout of BooksChallenges

I Want This Book!

We get excited about books getting adapted into TV shows, movies or plays, but what about media that you want to see as books? Tell us about your favorite story (can be anything - play, TV show, movie, podcast, web series) that you would like to be adapted into a novel!

Thanks for the idea, Ruthsic!

Mine:
Related image



My hubby and I started re-watching Disney's Gargoyles, and boy, it brings back so many memories! I used to be obsessed with this show when I was young. I loved the story line, the characters, and most of all, Goliath's voice. This cartoon series was dark but epic: there's magical creatures, battles, magic, betrayal, love, mystery, suspense, and crime. This would make an awesome book series! Heck! Disney needs to either remake the series or make it into a film asap!!

Instagram Photo a Day

For those of you who use Instagram, don't forget to post your daily Bout of Books photo. Find out more on our Bout of Books Instagram page!

Today: Book Spine Poetry





Dancing with butterflies,
Across a hundred mountains, 
When the moon is low, 
What would she do?
Cry to heaven.


Monday
I read only 20 pages from the Kubrick's Game (my eyesight was terrible yesterday) so instead I listened to 4 hours of Ready Player One. I only have 2.5 hours left on the audiobook.

I also participated in Day 1's challenges, which you can see here, as well as the Twitter Chat.

Tuesday
I finished listening to Ready Player One (2.5 hours) and wrote a review with my husband. You can check it out here.

I read 20 pages from Kubrick's Game and started reading Sweets & a Stabbing by Harper Lin on my Nook. So far I've read 18 pages.

View Tuesday's challenges here.

Wednesday
Today was a super hot day here in Southern California and our a/c sucks. I hardly did any reading but instead hopped around people's homes, restaurants, and stores trying to smooch off free a/c.

However, I did read in between here and there. I read 40 pages from Kubrick's Game and I started listening to Forbidden by Beverly Jenkins. I listened to about 50 minutes of the audiobook.

View Wednesday's challenges here.

Thursday
Today was a better day for reading. I read 117 pages from Kubrick's Game (it's getting so good!) and listened to an hour of Forbidden.

View Thursday's challenges here.



1 comment:

  1. Two-ish days left in the readathon! Keep up the momentum & have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete