Saturday, August 24, 2019

Bout of Books 26: Day 6

Challenges

Leave a Review

Did you know? Book reviews help other readers discover new books. For today's challenge, we encourage you to write a review of a book you've read during the readathon (or recently) and publish it where other readers make their purchasing decisions (e.g., Amazon, Goodreads, etc.). Be sure to share it with us.

Mine:




Visit Goodreads to read the rest of my review.



Instagram Photo a Day

For those of you who use Instagram, don't forget to post your daily Bout of Books photo. Find out more on our Bout of Books Instagram page!

Today: Beyond Bout of Books



Mine:


I've been meaning to get back to the Outlander series for a while. I loved the first three books but I can't seem to get myself started on the fourth one. To be honest, the length of the books scare me. However, I made it a goal for 2019 to cross this book off my list. It just won't be during the Bout of Books readathon.

*****

Monday
I read only 20 pages from the Kubrick's Game (my eyesight was terrible yesterday) so instead I listened to 4 hours of Ready Player One. I only have 2.5 hours left on the audiobook.

I also participated in Day 1's challenges, which you can see here, as well as the Twitter Chat.

Tuesday
I finished listening to Ready Player One (2.5 hours) and wrote a review with my husband. You can check it out here.

I read 20 pages from Kubrick's Game and started reading Sweets & a Stabbing by Harper Lin on my Nook. So far I've read 18 pages.

View Tuesday's challenges here.

Wednesday
Today was a super hot day here in Southern California and our a/c sucks. I hardly did any reading but instead hopped around people's homes, restaurants, and stores trying to smooch off free a/c.

However, I did read in between here and there. I read 40 pages from Kubrick's Game and I started listening to Forbidden by Beverly Jenkins. I listened to about 50 minutes of the audiobook.

View Wednesday's challenges here.

Thursday
Today was a better day for reading. I read 117 pages from Kubrick's Game (it's getting so good!) and listened to an hour of Forbidden.

View Thursday's challenges here.

Friday
It was one hectic day and I was afraid I would not be able to get any reading done, but I did! I finished Kubrick's Game!!! (Read the rest of 156 pages....Review will come soon) I also was able to listen to 1 hour and 36 minutes of Forbidden. I am so proud of myself!

View Friday's challenges here. 

Now, what can I accomplish in the last two days of the readathon?


No comments:

Post a Comment