Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Bout of Books 26: Day 2

Bout of Books Challenges

Adaptation Aspirations

What book would you like to see adapted for another medium? What would be your preferred format? Movie? TV Show? Broadway musical? Something else? If you want to elaborate even further, who would you cast to play the characters? Who would you want to write the script/screenplay? Write the music? Direct? Are there adaptations that exist that you think could be better? Tell us all about your aspirations for the perfect adaptation!

Thanks for the idea, Emma @ Emma Reads Things

Mine:
Hmmm...it seems that almost every book is being or already has been adapted to another format. Let's see...I would like to see Lincoln in the Bardo to be turned into a movie.


29906980


It was not an easy read for me. So many characters and so much jumping around but you know what...the story was haunting. I'm still thinking about it! And the idea of President Lincoln going to his son's grave and opening it was just heartbreaking. After watching the small 360 video on YouTube, I would like to see how a director would portray the ghosts into a movie.

You can catch the rest of my thoughts on this book here.


Instagram Photo a Day: Favorites

For those of you who use Instagram, don't forget to post your daily Bout of Books photo. Find out more on our Bout of Books Instagram page!

Mine:


These are only some of my favorites: (top to bottom) 

The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
Feed by Mira Grant
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
Lamb by Christopher Moor
Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon


PROGRESS SO FAR:

Monday
I read only 20 pages from the Kubrick's Game (my eyesight was terrible yesterday) so instead I listened to 4 hours of Ready Player One. I only have 2.5 hours left on the audiobook.

I also participated in Day 1's challenges, which you can see here, as well as the Twitter Chat.

I am proud of what I was able to accomplish the first day. I am looking forward to the second day. :)


2 comments:

  1. I could not get into Lincoln in the Bardo. I tried the audiobook and I tried the e-book. Just not for me! Ready Player One on the other hand, I love it! I re-read it once a year! Or listen! I love the audiobook and Wil Wheaton is probably more than 50% of why I like the book so much. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear yah. I was so close on giving up on Lincoln in the Bardo after 30 pages but I saw this 360 video on YouTube, which encouraged me to hang on to the finish line.

      Delete