Friday, August 1, 2014

Monthly Wrap-Up: July 2014


Wow! July is over! What happened to the time?! So much to do yet at the same time I feel I didn't accomplish much. Hmmm...

Well, here were my reads for July:







Fae, The Wild Hunt by Graham Austin-King (3 stars)
Moonless by Crystal Collier (3 stars)
Fumbulgrumbul by Jason Sandberg (5 stars)
Goodwill Tour: Paying It Forward by Keith Maginn (4 stars)
Les Miserables the Manga by Victor Hugo (5 stars)
Perdition House by Bonnie Edwards (5 stars)--18+
Little Red by Trista Jaszczak (3 stars)--18+


My favorite reads for July have been Fumbulgrumbul, Les Miserables, and Perdition House. Fumbulgrumbul was a fun children's book. Its illustrations was what won me over. Then there was Les Miserables. I loved the original book and the manga version made me love it even more! Lastly, Perdition House was a hot read intended for audiences over the age of eighteen. I really liked how the author was able to mix the paranormal into her erotic tale.

Though I didn't read any books that were less than a three star, the most disappointing would have to be Moonless. It's a decent read but I was under the impression that I was going to read Jane Eyre because the synopsis said, "Jane Eyre meets Supernatural." The only qualities that it had to the original classic were the "gothic" feel to it. Other than that, it had nothing to do with Jane Eyre. This disappointed me tremendously.


So, how was July for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment