Sunday, September 1, 2019

Review: Kisses on a Paper Airplane

Image result for kisses on a paper airplaneDrama student Hannah Evans isn't kissing any frogs on her path to find Prince Charming. She's determined to share the perfect first kiss -- with the perfect boy -- in the perfect place -- or she's not kissing anyone at all. When Hannah meets a cute ginger-haired boy in first class lounge in the London airport, she knows he's 'The One.'

Pop star Theo Callahan is on the road to get as far away as possible from his back-stabbing best friend, and his supermodel girlfriend who broke his heart. Until one shy smile from Hannah has him rethinking all of his travel plans.

Theo is smitten, but he's worried she's just a groupie in search of the ultimate selfie. Can Theo learn to trust Hannah in time to share one perfect first kiss, or will Hannah be forced to kiss a frog?


My Thoughts: Airports can be romantic, right? Sure, if it's on TV, if it's in a movie, or if it's the plot of a book. Falling in love in an airport is a cute fantasy and this book delivered on that.

The story was simple and fast paced. The events were delivered in a smooth manner that made sense to the plot of the story. We had Hannah and Theo that were accidentally following each other's itineraries. The description of the first class lounge, first class versus coach in the airplane, and the madness that people exhibit over celebrities were well described. The latter made me feel anxious for Theo and made me realize how much it sucks for famous people to try to do normal things but get easily recognized by the public.

Next, we had our two love birds: Hannah and Theo. They were not well rounded characters but there was enough of a description to know the type of people they were. We had a farm girl from Milwaukee who falls for a pop star. Usually the "Cinderella" type story would have me rolling my eyes, but here it worked for me. These two falling in love had me sighing and had me reminiscing my teenage years where I day-dreamed that one day a celeb would sweep me off my feet.

As a whole, this was a very a short, fast paced book. The plot may be far fetched but sometimes one needs to read a cutesy story to forget reality. I rate it:


No comments:

Post a Comment