Thursday, February 18, 2021

Friday 56: Feb. 19th

 


Friday 56 
is hosted by 
Freda's Voice . The idea is to share a sentence from the 56th page of the book you are currently reading 


RULES:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to Page 56 or 56% on your ereader.
*Find a snippet, short and sweet.
*Post it, and add the url to your post to the linky on Freda's page.


Here's my snippet:


"Although some queens had the power to change lives, they weren't always making those changes for the better, and the women their decisions harmed had to find a way to fight back."
 
~Amazons, Abolitionists, and Activists by Mikki Kendall 

What's your Friday 56? 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Vonnie! Welcome back to Friday 56! I've heard of your featured book, but haven't read it yet. Love your graphic!

    Hope you will have a good weekend.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of this book, but it sounds interesting. I like this push for graphic novels, because it makes information so much more accessible to people who aren't likely to sit down and read a 400-page, super dry textbook. This sounds like a great read!

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I am not much of a nonfiction reader so graphic novels have been a plus for me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This one sounds good! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE PARIS LIBRARY”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a powerful graphic read!! Love the Rosie the Riveter image! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is what caught my attention. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I need this book! I hope you are enjoying it, Vonnie. What a great book that both my daughter and I can enjoy! Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful read and the illustrations are gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. Great quote!! I've been meaning to read Mikki Kendall's book, Hood Feminism. Maybe next month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to read that book as well. Maybe I'll join you? ;)

      Delete