Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Wrap Up


As 2020 comes to an end, it's time to review how my reading went:

I have to say, I am actually pretty proud of myself. I surpassed my goal of 30 books; I read 38! Yes, the majority of the books were audiobooks but I still considerate it as reading. Also, 38 books is way more than what I read in 2018 and 2019. 

I used to read between 75-100 books in a year, but since becoming a special education teacher, it has been difficult for me to focus on reading or finding the time to read. I went from reading 75+ books down to barely 15 books in a year. So reading/listening to 38 books is a big accomplishment for me!

Also, I love looking through all the stats that Goodreads creates for their members. It really puts one's reading into perspective. 

 


Along with the majority of the books being in audio format, my stats made me realize that I hardly read any books from my actual shelves. Only four of them where books that I actually owned.  I have hundreds of books in my collection and 90% of them have not been read. This tells me that I definitely need to change that for 2021. 

How did your reading go for 2020?

No comments:

Post a Comment