Thursday, December 31, 2020

TBR Challenges for 2021

 As I reviewed my 2020 reads, I realized that I barely touched any of my TBR books, especially the ones that I already owned. So to help me with that, I am going to attempt the following reading challenges:


Blurb:

The Backlist Reader Challenge (#BacklistReader) encourages us to read all those older books that have been piling up on our TBR piles or lists. And by “older,” I mean books that came out before 2020 (so, in 2019 or earlier.) 

The challenge runs from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021. It ends at midnight in whatever time zone you’re in. You can still post reviews, and link them, up until January 5, 2022, but only for books you finished reading in 2021.

For more info, check out The Backlist Reader Challenge hosted by The Bookwyrm's Hoard.



Objective: Read books you already owned prior to 2021. 

Challenge Levels:

Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s 
Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s 
Mt. Vancounver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s 
Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR pile/s 
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s 
El Toro*: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s (*aka Cerro El Toro in South America) 
Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s 
Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s

The Rules: *Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. You are welcome to voyage further and conquer taller mountains after your commitment is met. All books from lower mountains carry over towards the next peak.

*Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2021

I am going to attempt the first one, Pike's Peak. 
For more info, visit Mount TBR by My Reader's Block.

No comments:

Post a Comment