Saturday, January 30, 2021

Mini Reviews: 2 Audiobook Memoirs

  



Here are two small reviews of two audiobook memoirs that I listened to:


Still Foolin' 'Em written and read by Billy Crystal


This was a fun memoir to listen to! Billy Crystal narrated his story through the different decades in his life. He talked about getting into comedy and getting into Hollywood. He was honest with his feelings; they were both touching and hilarious. I found myself laughing out loud many times when he talked about getting old, I was fascinated to hear his experience in making his movies, and I teared up when he talked about the close people in his life. What made this audiobook production interesting was how some chapters were recorded in front of a live audience while others were in a studio. I really enjoyed the ones he did in front of the audience because the audience's laughter added to the humorous tone of what Billy was reading. Billy Crystal is a either a hit or a miss for some people, but he was a hit for me. I rate this audiobook: 4 stars. 

******


Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey



*Big sigh* I wish I could have liked this a lot more than I did. I was looking forward to this book, especially after seeing how "serious" the cover was. Like many  memoirs, Matthew McConaughey recounted his youth to how he got into show business. Unfortunately, his way of story telling did not go well for me. His stories were all over the place; it felt like he was rambling and simply exaggerating how great he was. I found myself rolling my eyes every time he said "greenlight" or "bumper sticker!" I get what he was trying to do, but it was really hard to keep up with him.  I rate it: 2 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment