Thursday, September 12, 2013

Friday Hops, 9/13/13



This hop is hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Every week bloggers answer a question and then visit other blogs that are participating.  This week's question is:

Are you in a book club? How does your book club choose books? How far in advance do you choose?

A: I'm not in a face-to-face book club. I used to belong to one but it was too far for me and the ladies who ran it were inconsistent. I also didn't like how selective they were when it came to choosing their books.

The only "club" that I belong to is the one on Shelfari called Bibliophile. I belong to other groups on there but Bibliophile is the one I co-run and the one I participate in the most. We have monthly book-of-the-months that are suggested by members every month and then are voted on. We tend to have about 4 for each month and there are discussion for each book. This is the only "club" I belong to.



 
 


Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City Reader and The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice.


 My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White

The beginning: "The theater was nearly empty. It might have been because of the late hour but I suspected it was because this movie was going to be a snoozefest."
 
Page 56: "Chad didn't let go until the last note had faded out completely. We stood there for just a moment after the music ended. Then he brushed his lips against my temple. I had a little trouble catching my breath."
 
Though the opener was okay, I loved the chapter that it came from. It was really cute and I really loved how Lizzie's reaction to watching P&P for the first time were the same reactions I had.

The lines from page 56 make me wonder who Chad is. Is this Lizzie's Mr. Darcy? 

10 comments:

  1. my book club in goodreads had book of the month also. I really enjoyed participating on the discussion as well.new GFC follower
    Hope you can visit my Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he sounds romantic. Like the word "snoozefest."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun read...thanks for sharing; and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is better to be in an online club. :)

    Happy Hopping!!
    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Snoozefest", a good word :D Seems like a cute book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4 books a month in a book club is a lot! I have trouble keeping up with that many just for reviews on my site. :-)

    --Brenda @Daily Mayo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should start your own or find a new one. I love my book club
    Go to meetup.com and type in book club. Several book clubs will pop up in your area and they all have different genres, social groups and if you don't find one you are looking for, start one on meetup.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy books that stem from Pride & Prejudice and this looks like a fun read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a romantic 56!!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Put a post up on my blog for Book Beginnings.

    Mr. Darcy sounds good....LOL on the snoozefest.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete