Thursday, September 5, 2013

Friday Hops, 9/6/13




This hop is hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Every week bloggers answer a question and then visit other blogs that are participating.  This week's question is:

What got you started as a blogger? Everyone has a story/reason, what's yours?

A: Hmmm...didn't we have a question liked this before? Well here's a simpler answer:

Wendy over at Wall-to-Wall Books saw that I was becoming interested in vlogs and book blogs. She encouraged me to start my own. She even sent me tips on how to start my blog. I quite enjoyed what Wendy had going on on her blog so I decided to give it a try; thus, Vonnie's Reading Corner began June of 2012.



 
 


Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City Reader and The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice.


 Blood Myth by Stacy Moran

The beginning: "Akhekh and Baset's Temple:

Baset walked toward the large ornate throne her husband sat on and tossed her reflection pendant on Akhekh's lap. 'Your Raka is losing again, my King.' Baset smirked and continued to torment the evil god. 'It seems my children are performing well.' "
 
Page 56: " 'I will kill Tanerk before he touches you. You are mine.' Zakah pulled her tight into the protective shelter of his arms."

Reading the opening lines had me a little worried because of the strange names and words that I did not know. I felt that I would have a difficult time understanding. As I continued to read, I soon realized that it was an interesting story that is appropriate for ages eighteen and up.

I really want to know how the issues will be resolved in the story and how the main alpha male is going to handle his situation. Page 56 is already showing me how he feels about the heroine and I wonder how he will win her trust.

15 comments:

  1. Interesting choice - not sure it would suit me but hope you enjoy it Vonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does the Reflection pendant look like??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really nice that you got into it through a friend and her help definitely paid off! I was part of the book tour for Blood Myth but haven't read it yet! Thanks for sharing, hope you have a good weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very interesting beginning. The unique language does draw the reader in. Thanks for visiting me @ The Key to the Gate and following! I am following you back!
    Happy Reading,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing opening, it sounds like the story really throws you straight into the drama. Happy reading! :)

    - Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sound dark....and that cover is compelling. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great that you got into blogging because of a friend! Having someone give some tips would be helpful ... I feel like I should have asked for some, because for the first few months, I felt like I was stumbling around a bit.

    And hey .... cool blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't friends great to help you get started?

    My full answer is below.

    Happy Hopping!!
    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blood Myth sounds really good! Thanks for sharing it. I'm a new GFC follower.
    Check out my Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that story. It helps to have friends help with the blog building process.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very intriguing snippets!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great you had help to get you started. Friends with blogs is a good thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking the same with the first question. I got lazy answering it hahah! :) As for your 56, sounds like a very possessive guy we have here.

    Happy weekend, Vonnie!

    ReplyDelete