Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Hops, 9/27/13



This hop is hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Every week bloggers answer a question and then visit other blogs that are participating.  This week's question is:

What weekly memes do you follow on a regular basis? 

A: There are a few memes that I participate in: this one (obviously), Friday 56, Book Beginnings on Fridays, and Teaser Tuesdays. I used to participate in a few others but I just don't have time for those. These are the ones I enjoy doing and are really easy to participate in.
 
 


Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City Reader and The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice.


 The Tale of Depereaux by Kate DiCamillo

The beginning: "This story begins within the walls of a castle, with the birth of a mouse. A small mouse. The last mouse born to his parents and the only one of his litter to be born alive."
 
Page 56: " 'I am not sorry. I will not renounce my actions. I love her. I love the princess."
 
We started small reading book clubs in our classroom today, and my Thursday reading group has began this book. I've never read it before but I'm looking forward to it since the movie came out years ago. So far, I've only read the first two chapters and it's actually really cute.

Have you read this book? If so, what are your thoughts? Have you seen the movie?  

9 comments:

  1. The princess and the mouse. I do wonder how they go together. Here is my
    Book Beginning at Mixed Book Bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participate in a few memes every week/month :-)
    Here's my full answer http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/09/book-blogger-hop-13-september-27th.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the book's about the mouse, I think it will be a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read the book or seen the movie, but it sounds charming. The memes I participate in are First Chapter/First Paragraph Tuesday Intro; Waiting on Wednesday; Book Beginnings on Friday; Friday 56; Sunday Post; Stacking the Shelves; Books, Biscuits and Tea; and sometimes Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is difficult to keep up with all of them. I participate in some, and some I just take a peek.

    Happy Hopping!!
    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are a part of this meme!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually haven't heard of this book, but it sounds like a really cute read!

    Thanks for stopping by my book beginning earlier!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't read the book or seen the movie, but I know it is a good one. Love the lines!
    Check out my Friday 56

    ReplyDelete