Saturday, April 2, 2016

Erotica: Nicholas by Elizabeth Amber (18+)

 Warning! The following is intended for 18+ 
 audiences! Please do not continue if you are 
 under the required age. 


This is a steamy novel with explicit details. The cover alone can be offensive to some.

You have been warned! ;)

Thank you!


 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4148BmeixyL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
He Had Sworn To Take A Proper Wife. He Hadn't Bargained On Meeting His Match. . .

Nicholas looks very much like what he is--the handsome, successful heir to a vineyard in Tuscany. But Nicholas is much more, for he is one of the last in an ancient line of satyr men. And the dying king of ElseWorld wants him not only to marry, but to wed one of the king's own daughters--a half-human, half-faerie woman unaware of her heritage. Nicholas won't shirk his duty to produce heirs to guard his race's legacies, but he never plans to make his bride his only lover. A satyr's sexual hunger and sensual skills are legendary. One woman will never satisfy him.

Or so Nicholas believes until he meets Jane. As spirited as she is fey, as beautiful as she is innocent, she is nevertheless determined to make her new husband hers alone--and she's eager for him to teach her every deliciously carnal secret he knows. . .




My Thoughts: I have very mixed feelings about this book. Even right now Iam having a hard time deciding what to rate it. I do enjoy reading erotica books, if they're written well and tastefully. This one was not that bad. In fact its strangeness was very alluring. But there was one scene that made me question everything. I will explain later in my review.

The first half of the book was okay, but the second half was really entertaining. There was not much going on that made me enjoy the characters in the first half. It was only about Nicholas marrying a young woman named Jane who needed protection. The first half concentrated on introducing the characters. However, I did like that this was not an instant-love story.  It was an arranged marriage, which meant that Nicholas and Jane did not love each other at first. Usually in romance books, the two characters are already in love with each other or they're lusting after one another. But in this book, the characters slowly fell in love. They were only having sex because they had to consummate the marriage. The action and emotions didn't start to happen until the second half of the book. I have to admit that the strangeness about Nicholas's secret was exciting. What he had down there when he turned into a Satyr was quite shocking and hot. I was curious to learn more about the world of the Satyr. Even the whole deal with the villain was engaging. I was eager to find out how the issue with Jane's aunt was going to get resolved.

So what happened that made me start questioning if I liked this book or not? Well to answer this, they're going to be SPOILERS. Do not read this paragraph if you do not want anything spoiled!!! After the resolution with the aunt's death, Nicholas was desperate to protect Jane and to do so, he had to make Jane participate in a sexual ritual. That meant that Jane had to sleep with Nicholas's two brothers so she could create a bond with them. This bond will help the brothers detect whenever Jane was in trouble so they could quickly come to her rescue when Nick was not around. This could have been a very hot scene but it turned into a very awkward and sickening one. Jane did not want to do it. She was forced into it by Nicholas. She even started crying during the process. What could have been an erotic scene turned into a rape scene. I could not finish reading this part because bile came into my mouth. I don't care if nothing violent happened but the fact that Jane was forced to do something she didn't want to do and then play it off that she actually liked it but would never want to do again was NOT OKAY WITH ME! This was rape! I do not support any fiction that glorifies rape.

*sigh*

In the end, this could have been much better if the controversial scene was taken out. The first half was a little slow, but the second half picked up and was captivating. Too bad that it went downhill very quickly after the resolution. I rate it:




This book was voted for my TBR read for the month of February. I know...I'm late. But better late than never!

MyTBRList


2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I was interested in this book, Vonnie...I may even already own it. But now I'm not so sure about it. Obviously, I read the spoiler paragraph and I'm not really okay with that either. It's really too bad. The book seemed pretty good otherwise. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it saddens me how the book had that scene, especially when I was enjoying it so much! I would read with caution if you decide to read it.

      Delete