Monday, June 17, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays #46



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teaser:




"There used to be more of us. I'm certain of this. Not enough to fill a sports stadium or even a movie theater, but certainly more than what is left today. Truth is, I don't think there's any of us left. Except me. It's what happens when you are a delicacy. When you're craved. You go extinct."

Opening lines from The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda



I couldn't keep it to only just two lines. I felt the whole first paragraph was such a great opening teaser.

I am currently listening to this book on audio and it is going very well. I'm quite enjoying it a lot more than I thought. My review of this should be up by the end of the week :)

7 comments:

  1. There used to be more of us. Delicacy. Craved. Extinct. All those words got me curious to know what on Earth is going on. Awesome Teaser! Well chosen.

    I haven't listened to an Audiobook before. Not sure if I could remain as focused as when I read it myself. Good on you for trying.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice tease! Sounds like an intriguing read!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tease, definitely made me intrigued. Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my- the cover plus your tease has me freaking out on the inside. What does he mean a delicacy?

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome teaser. I am definitely intrigued now :)

    ~Jenn @ Book Jems

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree... the whole paragraph is a GREAT tease!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting teaser!

    Here's My Teaser Tuesday!!!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete