Friday, January 1, 2016

Goodbye 2015 and Hello 2016!



Holy Moly! It's 2016!!!

I hope everyone had a fun, relaxing, and safe New Year's Eve. But guess what? It's time for a new chapter in our lives. This could mean that we can start all over or simply continue adding to the enrichment of our lives. Here's a lovely quote I found:








Looking back on my reading goals for 2015, I noticed that I am horrible at staying focused on them. (Lol) My goal was to read more from my TBR pile. Out of the 43 books that I've read, only five of them were TBR books. Grrr!!!! I suck! 

My busy schedule does not excuse me from reading other books. So what happened? I got distracted. Isn't that always the case? 

Well, I MUST read more from my lovely collection. My goal for 2016 is to read at least one book a month from my TBR shelves. That's 12 books, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Now, how about the number of books I've read in 2015? Well, this is what Goodreads says:





I didn't meet my reading goal. :(

My reading goal was 45 (originally it was 75 but by July of 2015, I noticed that there was no way I would be able to reach it so I lowered the number) and I only read 43 books. I was 2 away from completing it!!! Dang! And according to Shelfari, I read 43 less books than I did in 2014. Double dang!!!

So what are my next reading goals for 2016? Well, I have to be realistic. I am back in school (thus my lack of focus last year) and I know that my mind and schedule will prevent me from being a bookworm. I was pretty close to reaching my goal for 2015 so I am going to strive for 45 books again.

Here's my overall list of book-related goals for 2016:
1. Read at least 12 books from my TBR pile
2. Read a total of 45 or more books
3. Review and update the blog as often as possible
4. Listen to 15 or more audios (I have joined the audiobook challenge again) 
5. Don't stress about reading. Reading is supposed to be fun and relaxing. 




By the way, I am currently hosting a reading challenge over at my book group on Shelfari, Bibliophile Reading Group. The challenge is year long. Please feel free to join us :)


I really hope I can stay focused this year on my reading goals. :)

What are your goals for 2016?

2 comments:

  1. Happy reading to you in 2016!! I am focused on reading less books this year. My goal is to read 25 books total. I want to read more books from my current (out of control) 'to be read' pile as I have more books it seems than I can read in my lifetime... The goal is not to add anymore books to my reading pile which will not be happening as I received an Audible gift certificate!!

    I am going back to school later this month so will be focusing on my studies and other things I need to work on throughout the year. So, less reading for pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 25 books is a great goal. I am rethinking to lower my reading goal since I will start student teaching in the fall. Who knows where my mind set will be during that time. And like you...my goal is not to add anymore books to my pile (which will be super hard since the LA Time's Festival of Books is coming soon!).

      Good luck with your studies!!!

      Delete