Sunday, January 3, 2016

My January TBR List: Vote



MyTBRList

I saw this meme at Flood of Books and I thought it was an awesome idea to encourage me to stick to my TBR pile goals for 2016. My To-Be Read List is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading. Each month you pick three books on your TBR list and people vote on the one you should read that month. What a great way to get me to read more from my pile, right?

I have started 2016 good so far by beginning to read this book from my pile:



But I need to read more from my TBR before I get busy with school in a few weeks. Please help me!




Heart of Brass by Kate Cross has been in my pile for over a year. It's a steampunk type of book and I heard mixed things about it. Some people like it while others don't. 




Feed by Mira Grant is a zombie book. Got this one two years ago when I always all excited about the walking dead genre. This one never made it to my hands to be read. Is it time to read it now?
 


Ask For It by Silvia Day has been in my pile forever! Sylvia Day is one of my favorite erotica authors but I haven't really been in the mood to read erotica. However, this one keeps glaring at me from my shelves.

Your vote is greatly appreciated!


14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Afterlife looks like it is a good one! I hope you are enjoying it so far.

    And such interesting choices to pick from! I will go with Feed because that's one I've heard such good things about and want to read myself at some point. They all sound good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too!
      Afterlife is interesting so far. It is definitely making me scratch my head trying to figure out what is going on.

      Thank you for stopping by to vote. There have been many positive reviews on Feed.

      Delete
  2. I voted for Feed as I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by to vote. It looks like Feed is the popular choice so far :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you joined, it is so much fun! I picked Heart of Brass, because I really want to read more steampunk this year and I am curious about your thoughts on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you again for posting this meme on your blog! It has me all excited!

      Steampunk is a hit or miss with me, but Heart of Brass keeps calling out to me. I'll eventually read this one even if it does not win the vote.

      Delete
  4. I voted on Feed I keep seeing that one and not sure if I want to read it or not so I hope it wins so you can tell me what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol
      It looks like it's winning so far so I have to read it and post a review soon ;)

      Delete
  5. Feed, zombies aren't my thing, but I've heard Feed is really good, and Mira Grant is actually Seanan McGuire, and I do like her writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, had to be Feed for me - it converted me from a 'I don't do zombies' person. Could not put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the books look really good, Vonnie, but I ended up voting for Ask For It because it's by Sylvia Day and I've loved every single book I've ever read from her. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed all of her books too so far, especially her historical ones.

      Thanks for voting!

      Delete