Thursday, August 1, 2013

2013: July's Wrap-Up and August's Plans


Well, July was interesting. I had more time to read but I couldn't make myself read. I kept getting distracted by EVERYTHING around me. I felt like I had ADD. Luckily, I did get some books done:


  1. 14 by Peter Clines  4 stars
  2. Dreams of Joy by Lisa See (audiobook) 4.5 stars
  3. Blood and Bone by Don Hoesel 4 stars
  4. Catalyst by Marc Johnson 3.5 stars
  5. Dance the Moon Down by Robert Bartram 5 stars!!!



 
For RAK, I was able to send out one book to Kate @ Kate's Book Life:
 
 
I received two books! One ebook from Ella @ Read into Hiding, and one print from Emily @ Doodle's Book Blog:
 
 
Plans for August
 
 
Okay, I am very excited to participate for the first time in "Austen in August," hosted by Misty over @ The Book Rat. My reads for this month will be dominated with anything Jane Austen.
 

Here's what I hope to read:
 
  • The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler (audio)
  • Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange
  • Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (re-read but audio)
  • Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  • My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White (pending...September's review)
  • Still Water Saints by Alex Espinoza (leftover from July)
  • Beautiful Creatures: The Manga by Stohl and Garcia
  • Finding Sheba by Heather Moore
 
If you want to participate in "Austen in August" event, then make sure you visit Misty's blog.
 
So, what did you read in July? What are your plans for August?
 


1 comment:

  1. You did well, i admit i got more than distracted and the heat destroyed my energy ^^

    for august..; i'm not planning anything special, some RAK, keeping us with teh challenge i've entered and perhaps ( perhaps) bout of books if i feel like it

    ^^ i do hope you will receive something in august^^ because i did find something just for you ^^

    ReplyDelete