Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #65


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I took a slight break from reading to concentrate on my dance at the beginning of this month. I'm so glad that the show is over so I can go back to my books. Boy, did I miss them!

My Teasers:




"Claire, will you--I just--Claire, hold on to me. If I start to shake again now, I canna stop it. Claire, hold me!"


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, page 561
My heart aches all the time for Jamie when reading this chapter.

" 'It's not supposed to make you comfortable. It's designed to give people seeing it immediate recognition that the wearer is...' (he lowers his voice) '...facially impaired.' "
 
Face by Cecile Pineda. page 70

Very disturbing to read how this man was treated after his accident. The sad thing about this book is that it's based on a true story.

8 comments:

  1. Great teasers! I haven't read Outlanders yet but definitely have heard a lot of things haha. Face does sound disturbing...facial impaired, eep. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my teaser at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both wonderful teasers! Haven't heard of "Face" before, but I'm very familiar with the Outlander series, even though I haven't read any of the books. One of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both wonderful but sort of sad teasers. I cannot imagine what reading "Face" must be like especially if it is based on a true story. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outlander was fun :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/11/teaser-tuesdays_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know either of these books but those teasers are certainly interesting.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That teaser from Outlander *sigh* my heart hurt for him so much at that point in the book, I think I really fell for him them (nothing wrong with lovin' a fictional man). The other book I'm not familiar with but it's got me intrigued. How are you liking it?
    Thanks for stoppin' by my TT today Vonnie :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good things about this author but haven't read any of her books. This sounds like a good one.
    My Teaser is from THE HUSBAND'S SECRET.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! They are both awesome teasers. I need to check these books out.
    Thanks for sharing.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete