Friday, November 30, 2012

November Wrap-up/December's Plans 2012


November was another interesting month. I felt like I haven't had much reading done but when I look back at my read list, it's actually not bad, especially that Thanksgiving was this month and that whole week I hardly read.

So here's what I read:

1. The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
2. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (re-read)
3. The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian
4. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
5. "The Transition of Juan Romero" by H.P. Lovecraft
6. "The White Ship" by H.P. Lovecraft
7. "The Street" by H.P. Lovecraft
8. "The Doom that Came to Sarnath" by H.P. Lovecraft
9. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
10. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal, read by Mandy Williams
11. Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore
12. "The Statement of Randolph Carter" by H.P. Lovecraft


So I read 6 novels, listened to one audio, and read 5 short stories from H.P. Lovecraft *pat on the back*. My two favorites were The Hobbit and The Night Strangers. My least favorite was In Cold Blood.



Now RAK!

 
So for November, I gave two books away to two fabulous ladies: Adria from Breath of Life Reviews and Danielle from Romance Book Junkies. These are the books I gave them:
 
These girls also decided to return the favor, so I got...
 
 
*********************************************************
 
December's Plans:
 
December is going to be another busy month. Not only is it the holidays where family gets together and all the crazy holiday things we need to prepare at the schools, but my blog will be busy with book blasts, giveaways, and challenges. I really hope I get some reading done.
 
Here's what I have planned:
 
1. Ask the Passengers by A.S. King (listening)
2. Vamps in the City by Kerrelyn Sparks (reading)
3.  Be Still My Vampire Heart by Kerrelyn Sparks
4. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas
5. Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
6. Heal My Heart, Lord by Emilie Barns
7. Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen
8. The Strain by Guillermo del Toro & Chuck Hogan
9. Evert Day by David Levithan
10. I Capture the Castle by Doddie Smith
11. The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans
12. The Christmas Pearl by Dorothea Benton Frank
13. "The Terrible Old Man" by H.P. Lovecraft
14. "The Tree" by H.P. Lovecraft
15. "The Cats of Ulthar" by H.P. Lovecraft
16. "The Temple" by H.P. Lovecraft
 
 Holey moley that's a lot! I have to have my fingers crossed for this one.
 
What are your plans for December?
 
Don't forget to sign up for the following:
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor - YAY! I love love love that book!
    I saw that is was now a movie suppose to be shown on the Hallmark channel in Dec.??? but haven't seen it posted yet. I will keep an eye out for it.
    I am also reading "The Christmas List" and maybe "The Christmas Pearl".

    You had a great reading month in Nov.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it posted either. Now that it's December, maybe they'll start announcing it.

      Delete
  2. Shoot, I don't plan that far ahead unless I have books from the library. Luck on getting through the December list.

    ReplyDelete