Monday, August 2, 2021

Literary & Book Podcasts #2


At the start of the COVID-19 Pandemic, I found myself being drawn to podcasts. I listened from paranormal stories, to unsolved murders, to self-help podcasts. Though many of these podcasts were great, I found myself enjoying the book related ones the most. So I decided that every so often, I would share with you a literary and book podcast that I highly enjoy. 


Today's featured Podcast:


Heaving Bosoms






What's it about? 
Heaving Bosoms is hosted by Erin and Melody, two best friends that love romance novels. They "recap romance novels from a comedic, open-hearted feminist, sex-positive perspective." There are lots of laughs, some swearing, tangents, and uncontrollable giggling. Despite all this, Erin and Melody say that they take themselves "seriously."  

Why do I like this podcast? 

Though I don't read too many romance books, I highly enjoy listening to this podcast. In fact, it's my favorite book podcast. I love the energy Erin and Melody bring as they discuss and breakdown certain romance novels, good or bad. Their humor keeps a smile on my face and their laughs are contagious. Even my husband loves listening to this podcast. He enjoys how uncensored yet smart these two women are. 

Lately, I've been enjoying their movie/TV shows discussions since I've seen most of the ones they featured. This podcast is way more fun when I know the story of the book or movie more. For instance,  I really loved when they reviewed The Mummy movies with Brendan Fraser. The Mummy, parts one and two, are some of my favorite movies so it was absolutely fun to hear their thoughts on them. 

Heaving Bosoms is an absolutely joyous and entertaining podcast! I am always looking forward to their latest episodes. 

Here's a sample of one of their episodes:



If you like romance books and/or you like to laugh, then I highly recommend you give Heaving Bosoms a listen to. You can find them on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and any other place where you listen to podcasts. 

Visit their site here for more info. 


Stay tune for the next featured podcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment