Sunday, August 11, 2013

A to Z Survey


This fun survey was created by Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner for us book bloggers. Got to love these book surveys!!

Author you’ve read the most books from:
According to Shelfari, I've read Anne Rice the most, followed by R.L. Stine (back in my youth), and then Lisa Kleypas.

Best Sequel Ever:
Well, the whole Harry Potter books for me :)

Currently Reading:
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Alluring Tales: Awaken the Fantasy by Various Authors, and Pride and Prejudice (audiobook) by Jane Austen


Drink of Choice While Reading:
Water mostly throughout the day but I do have tea at night.

E-reader or Physical Book?
Physical books of course! I love the feel and the look of physical books. I do admit I enjoy my Nook, but not as much as my books on my shelves.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Oooh, Jamie Fraser from Outlander!!! OR...Gale Hawthorne from The Hunger Games and Adam Kent from Shatter Me.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Shatter Me and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. These two kept getting the hype and I was hesitant in reading them because I was tired of reading YA and I didn't want to be fooled by the hype. Eventually, I gave in and now I love these two books! I can't wait to read their sequels.

Hidden Gem Book:
Becoming Latina in 10 Easy Steps by Lara Rios...not many know of this book but it's one of my absolute favorites.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
When I finally agreed to create my own blog. It has opened up a whole new world for me and I have found myself reading so much more, especially books that I would have never tried and/or heard of.

Just Finished:
Listening to The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler. This was to kick off Austen in August. Unfortunately this book was not as enjoyable as I expected.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
A lot of non-fiction such as science books, math books, technical books. I also won't read books that are poorly edited.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
Voyager by Diana Gabaldon (1072 pages)

Major book hangover because of:
A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Both of these kept me up all night.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
One built-in bookcase that holds about 200 books. The rest of my books are on tables and floors.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
I am not a big re-reader but I have re-read The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux about four times. I am a HUGE phan!

Preferred Place To Read:
On my bed where no one distracts me.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one remembers to turn on the light," from Harry Potter.

Reading Regret:
I regret not having enough time to read all of my books on my shelves. I keep reading books that I do not own.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
Outlander, Black Dagger Brotherhood, The Vampire Chronicles, The Caster Chronicles, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, etc...

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, Becoming Latina in 10 Easy Steps, and Moloka'i by Alan Brennert

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Phantom of the Opera :D

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
The Trap by Andrew Fukuda (comes out in November)

Worst Bookish Habit:
I keep searching things about books online instead of actually reading the books.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Lord of Ice by Gaelen Foley

Your latest book purchase:
Rainshadow Road and Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda


I hope you enjoyed reading my response and I hope you'll participate.

1 comment:

  1. 1072 pages - holy crapola!

    Rainshadow Road and Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas - YAY!!!!

    Love your answers, this was a good idea!

    ReplyDelete