Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays #54



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser:




"A woman of seven-and-twenty," said Marianne, after pausing a moment, "can never hope to feel or inspire affection again, and if her home be uncomfortable, or her fortune small, I can suppose that she might bring herself to submit to the offices of a nurse, for the sake of the provision and security of a wife."

Page 28 from Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

8 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I could never get into Jane Austen. Glad you enjoy her work though.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to finally finish reading that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jane Austen! Still my all-time favorite author. :) Great teaser and so Marianne!

    Here's my Teaser!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like this one as much as Emma. I actually like the movie better than the book. Which never happens.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one but I did love Pride and Prejudice.

    Thanks for visiting My TT

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started this a few months back...still haven't finished it.

    Thanks for stopping by mine.

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane Austen! Yay! Lovely teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier. Just returned the love.

    Happy reading and have a fab week ahead!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete