Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays #54



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser:




"A woman of seven-and-twenty," said Marianne, after pausing a moment, "can never hope to feel or inspire affection again, and if her home be uncomfortable, or her fortune small, I can suppose that she might bring herself to submit to the offices of a nurse, for the sake of the provision and security of a wife."

Page 28 from Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

8 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I could never get into Jane Austen. Glad you enjoy her work though.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to finally finish reading that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jane Austen! Still my all-time favorite author. :) Great teaser and so Marianne!

    Here's my Teaser!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like this one as much as Emma. I actually like the movie better than the book. Which never happens.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one but I did love Pride and Prejudice.

    Thanks for visiting My TT

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started this a few months back...still haven't finished it.

    Thanks for stopping by mine.

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane Austen! Yay! Lovely teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier. Just returned the love.

    Happy reading and have a fab week ahead!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete