Here's how my fourth week of the challenge went:
Monday 7/27: Did my own 15 minutes dumbbell workout; went on an evening neighborhood walk--1.52 miles; 10 minutes of salsa dancing.
- Music for dumbbell workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6BOs1Ejpvw
- Salsa music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH8StTUCQNY&t=320s
Tuesday 7/28: Evening walk through the neighborhood--.60 miles (had to rush to get to my online class); belly dance online class with Fahtiem--1 hour (890 calories burned)
- Belly dance classes from DanceGardenLA: https://www.dancegardenla.com/
Wednesday 7/29: Tried to beat the sun so we went on an early morning walk. It got way too hot too soon so we only did 0.6 miles. Unfortunately, I got sick due to the sun and heat. I couldn't do much the rest of the day other than walk another 1.5 miles in the evening. The days are getting hotter and the UV rays are no joke. Be safe out there!
|Image from Franciscanhealth.org|
Thursday 7/30: Salsa dancing for 10 minutes; 20 minute dumbbell workout; online bellydance class with Nasila through DanceGardenLA for 1 hour
- Salsa music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8dtfQNQt0w
- Dumbbell workout (repeat video for 2 rounds)
Friday 7/31: 15 minute of my own dumbbell routine workout. That's it. We hit the triple digits today so I took it easy.
- Music used for dumbbell workout:
Saturday 8/01: Too many errands so I didn't get to workout. 😕
Sunday 8/02: The hubby and I visited for the first time the Channel Islands National Park by hiking in Santa Cruz Island. This was an all day trip since we had to take a boat to and from the island. However, we hiked for 5.3 miles.
Weekly Goal Progress (tweaked a little bit to accommodate upcoming work schedule):
- Lose the Quarantine weight: 0/10 lbs total (I gained back the pound 😞)
- Belly dance: 2/2 hrs per week (MET)
- Hiking: 5.3/4 miles per week (MET)
- Neighborhood/Park walk: 4.22/5 miles per week (Almost)
- Weights (dumbbells): 50/60 min per week (Almost)
- Latin dance with hubby: 20/60 min per week (The hubby hardly worked out this week. I need to do a better job in motivating him)
How are you doing with the challenge?