Sunday, June 3, 2012

The 7 Deadly Sins of Reading

image from http://alyssaspector.blogspot.com/2010/03/seven-deadly-sins.html
BookishlyMalyza brought up this very interesting topic and I've decided to participate:


GREED
What is your most expensive book? What is your least expensive book?
My most expensive book would probably be the special edition of Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff by Christopher Moore (of course I am not counting my college textbooks). I have many least expensive books since many I got for free at this book trading that's held outside of my local store.

WRATH
Which author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Anne Rice...I love her books, especially her earlier works, but lately her writing style has not been that great. I still buy her books because I am devoted to her.

GLUTTONY
What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?
Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux and will probably continue reading many more times in the future.

SLOTH
What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
The Passage by Justin Cronin. I started reading it last year, stopped, picked up again and only got a chapter done, then I stopped. It's a good book but for some reason my attention span gets shortened with it. I'll eventually finish it someday.

PRIDE
What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?
Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku. Yes, physics...I use Kaku's theories and terminologies to explain certain "phenomenons" that my friends and I discuss sometimes.

LUST
What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?
Male characters- Strong but also have a sensitive side. They are honest and awknowledge their mistakes.
Female characters- Same as male but I also admire independency with female characters.

ENVY
What books would you most like to receive as a gift?
Books that are on my wishlist or any book that is similar to the ones I like to read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment