Sunday, June 3, 2012

Audiobook: Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas


Narrator: Rosalyn Landor

This is the third book of The Hathaways series and the story centers on Poppy Hathaway. Poppy loves her family but longs for a normal life. She is in love with the honorable Michael Bayning, who she's been courting all season. Their love must be kept a secret due to Poppy's family history and Michael's strict family values. Right before Michael gets the courage to speak with his father about Poppy, Poppy meets the wealthy hotel owner Harry Rutledge. Harry is a very determined man and gets whatever he wants. When he sees Poppy, Harry has no other choice but to have her no matter what.

After reading the second book in the series, I wanted to continue on to read about the brother but was a little disappointed to learn that the third book was on Poppy instead. With this disappointement in mind, I was not too eager when I listened to the first two chapters of the book. But the narrator did a wonderful job in presenting the story and the love triangle between Poppy, Michael, and Harry that it soon had me hooked. I liked how the plot played out and I fell in love with the characters even more. What the book has also done for me is that it excited me even more about Poppy's brother, Leo. The fourth book is about him and I cannot wait because this book ended with an interesting twist about him and his love interest.

More info on book at Shelfari or
Buy at Amazon

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa Kleypas! I read a Christmas one by her - I think "Christmas eve at Friday Harbor" or something like that. I really loved it! I have wanted to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do recommend her. The first book that I've read by her was Prince of Dreams and I fell in love with her writing style. I really enjoy that even though she mostly writes historical romance, her women are strong characters.

      Delete