Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wild Wednesdays #2

My weekly event where I discuss the books I've hauled during the week :D
                                              * * *

From Amazon.com:

Bite Me by Christopher Moore- I enjoy Moore's books and I just needed this one to complete his vampire collection. I've read it and thought it was annoying but entertaining. It is the third book of the series and a cure for vampirism has been found. If you haven't read this series or any of Moore's books, just be aware of his humor.





From Herbie's swap:


Herbie's is a local organic/vitamin store that started their own book swap a few months ago. There are three book cabinets on the outside of the store and customers can come by, drop a book and/or pick up a book for free.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy- I know there's a movie out but I haven't seen it. The book sounds interesting because it is post-apocalyptic and it looks like a quick read. I also hope it's a good one.

Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen- The cover caught my attention and it's based in the 18th century. Barbara was sold into marriage at a young age and comes to learn many different kinds of love relationships. While looking this book up, it turns out it has a prequel...so knowing me, I have to get the prequel first before I read this one.

From my wonderful library:


Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas- This is an audio book and I needed a Texas read for one of the book challenges that I'm in at Shelfari. I've enjoyed every Kleypas book that I've read so far, so this will be my first modern romance book by hers. This book is about Liberty Jones who grows up in Texas. After a tragic event, Liberty must take care of her little sister and money becomes really tight. Can the handsome Hardy help?

Here Today, Gone to Maui by Carol Snow- This is an ebook and I need a Hawaii book for the challenge as well (you can visit the challenge here). The title is quite cute and I also like the cover. This is about Jane who worries about losing or forgetting things when going to Maui, but ends up misplacing her boyfriend. Sounds like an adorable read.

2 comments:

  1. I have Through a Glass Darkly on my Nook but I've not read it yet. It looks like there is a sequel for it coming out in the fall or winter, because Sourcebooks had a new book by here with the same cover style in their ALA booth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are three books in the series so far. The newest book of hers is not in the series, it looks like.

      Delete