Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June Book Haul

So far this month, I have received some interesting books to read and to add to my permanent shelf.

From Amazon.com:

The Graveyard Queen series by Amanda Stevens is terrific! It's about Amelia Gray, who can see the dead, and how she tries to live her life as normal as possible without being haunted. So far I've read the first two books, The Restorer and The Kingdom, and I have decided to add the trilogy into my permanent collection.  Now, I cannot wait until I read the last book, The Prophet!


From Paperbackswap.com:


Because I enjoyed her trilogy tremendously, I have decided to try other works by Amanda Stevens. She seems to write ghost stories and I really hope that The Whispering Room and The Devil's Footprints are as great as well.

I've read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See two years ago and loved it! Last month I also read Shanghai Girls from the same author and completely fell in love with this one too. Both books are heart-wrenching and heart-warming at the same time. You learn so much about the Chinese culture and history as well as admire how strong the women are in these books. These two books are now in my permanent collection.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, she has other books. I hadn't looked into Amanda Stevens back catalog. I probably should read the Graveyard Queen series first. If you have means to read ebooks, she has a novella for the Graveyard Queen series also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've read her novella already. I thought that it was too short and I really wanted the characters to be described more in-depth like the rest of the series.

      Delete