Friday, June 29, 2012

It's Friday and It's Book Blogger Hop!

Crazy-for-Books is running this Book Blogger Hop to help connect book bloggers with other fellow book bloggers. Here's this week's question:

Do you have a keeper shelf for books you loved? What books are on that shelf and why?


My answer:

I usually don't re-read books but I do have a keeper shelf known as my permanent collection. This collection actually has many books. How many exactly? I'm not sure since it's mixed in with my other books (I don't have a lot of space here for my books thus everyting is pushed in together). Here are just some of my permanent books:


 
1. Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit collection by JRR Tolkien
2. All of Anne Rice's books (yes...I love her)
3. The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
4. The Harry Potter Series
5. Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux & Phantom by Susan Kay
6. The Works of William Shakespeare
7. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
8. Marianela by Benito Perez Galdos
9. The Works of HP Lovecraft
10. Shanghai Girls & Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
11. Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore


12. The Hunger Games Trilogy
13. The Graveyard Queen Trilogy
14. Who Cooked the Last Supper by Rosalind Miles
15. Dracula by Bram Stoker
16. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
17. Becoming Latina in 10 Easy Steps by Lara Rios
18. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
19. The Dexter series
20. Passion by Lisa Valdez
* * *
I love all of these for many different reasons :)

14 comments:

  1. Very nice collection.

    NEW FOLLOWER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I think I might do this one this time.

    Hey!!!!! Thanks so much for the gift!!! Wow, that was so nice of you! I got a couple book looking packages in the mail and saw your name on one and thought- hmmm I don't remember that I am suppose to get anything from her. LOL What a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to show my appreciation for you!

      Delete
  3. I have several of these on my shelf that I won't get rid of either. I don't think I've heard of that Phantom book by Kay. I might have to look it up, if it is related to the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is related to the original. In fact (in the Phan world) Susan Kay's novel is appreciated as much as the original. There are many unanswered questions in Leroux's book but Kay took it in her part to answer these. It's beautifully written.

      Delete
    2. Btw, I've been having such a hard time commenting on your blog. I have no idea if my comments are being submitted.

      Delete
    3. Oh yes, they are. Are you using the blogger version, or the Disqus? Someone else has told me that they had trouble commenting with Disqus and had to use the old Blogger commenting system. Not sure if she still has problems with new disqus or not.

      Delete
    4. The Disqus...it won't submit my responses.

      Delete
    5. It might be slow on the uptake if you don't sign up for a Discus account. But I was thinking of switching it to Wordpress this summer, so would be the end of it.

      Delete
  4. That's interesting...sometimes I will re-read a book. I have a massive mixture of books as well with nowhere to put them.
    Cricket@LittleLibraryMuse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection! :) Never heard about Phantom book by Kay, I need to look it up because I love the original Leroux one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Thanks for stopping by - I like your choices as well. Jane Eyre is on my shelf for sure!

    ReplyDelete