Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's Friday and It's Book Blogger Hop Time!

Crazy-for-Books is running this Book Blogger Hop to help connect book bloggers with other fellow book bloggers. Here's this week's question:

Do you immediately write a review upon finishing a book or do you wait and write multiple reviews at once?

My Answer:

Yes, I usually like to review the book upon finishing it. This way, the book is still very fresh in my mind and it is easier for me to quickly type up how I felt about it. Though there have been times that life just gets in the way and I have no choice but to wait. There also have been times that certain books require me to sit back and let the book sink in. The latest that I've waited in reviewing a book has been two days. I try not to wait longer than that because then I tend to forget about it.

15 comments:

  1. I'm the same, I like to review the book right after finishing it, it's easier to write them that way because then the events and my feelings are still fresh in my mind.

    Here's my Book Blogger Hop post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with you Vonnie, I start it right away. Actually I start it while reading the book then finish it up when I am down with the book. I take all kinds of crazy notes, put flags in the book etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes take notes too. I need to that more often though.

      Delete
  3. I am thoroughly impressed that the longest you've waited is 2 days! There have been a couple times that I've waited a couple weeks (which pretty much means my review is not so good cause I can't remember stuff).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek! Couple of weeks?! Yeah...I think I would have given up on the review by then.

      Delete
  4. Yep, I can't wait too long, or I will forget. Can't risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems to be the consensus, and I agree too. I write my reviews as soon as I can. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi:

    I write my reviews as I go along. :)

    Stop by my blog for my full answer if you like.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do have to be careful not to wait too long so we don't forget things! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI, Hopping by, love your site, very nice. I am a new follower too GFC, here is my Book Blogger Post
    and I also have a giveaway, if you want to check it out Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hopped over here from Wendy's blog (Wall-to-Wall Books)to say hi...Hi :)

    I try to review books right after reading, but it doesn't always work out that way...which is probably why I have a backlog of 9 books to review. Wooops, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you for hopping over. Wendy is the best!

      9 books to review!!! Yikes! How do you do it? Do you have great memory?

      Delete