Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wild Wednesdays #1

Wednesday is here and I'm going to share with you guys some awesome books that I hauled in from various sources.

From Amazon.com:


Cinder by Marissa Meyer... This is the first book in the Lunar Chronicles set in a dystopian world. This is a retelling of Cinderella where Cinderella herself is an android. I've heard many great things about this book and the cover kept calling out to me. I should be reading this one soon.

The Outlandish Companion by Diana Gabaldon...This a companion guide to Gabaldon' Outlander series. I've read the first three books a few years back and want to get into it again. I figure I need the companion to help me catch up :)

The Illustrated Dracula by Bram Stoker and Jae Lee... I've read Dracula years ago and my copy is falling apart due to the much loving I gave it. I needed a new one for my collection, and what better way than to have an illustrated copy? Jae Lee is a famous comic book artist and so far I like what I see in this book.


From my library's sales bin:

Both of these book were for 50 cents each and were in almost new conditions!

All New People by Anne Lamott...This is the story of a young girl who must be an adult since all the adults in her life are childlike. This is a very short book and so far looks interesting. I've read Lamott's nonfiction book, Bird by Bird, and I love it! I want to try her non-fiction.

A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman... This is about a woman who is in love with a man who is in love with her siter. The book sounds like it has an interesting love triangle, plus the cover is beautiful!

 

From Free Book Friday:

I won this autographed book from Free Book Friday!
Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore is a debut novel, the first of a trilogy. Description from the back:

"Once you've seen, you can't unsee. Everything changes when you've looked at the world through . . .
Angel Eyes


Brielle's a ballerina who went to the city to chase her dreams and found tragedy instead. She's come home to shabby little Stratus, Oregon, to live with her grief and her guilt . . . and the incredible, numbing cold she can't seem to shake.

Jake's the new guy at school. The boy next door with burning hands and an unbelievable gift that targets him for corruption.

Something more than fate has brought them together. An evil bigger than both of them lurks in the shadows nearby, hiding in plain sight. Two angels stand guard, unsure what's going to happen. And a beauty brighter than either Brielle or Jake has ever seen is calling them to join the battle in a realm where all human choices start.

A realm that only angels and demons-and Brielle-can perceive. "

2 comments:

  1. Some cool books!
    That Drac. cover looks pretty freaky!
    All New People sounds good, might have to look that one up.
    And Angel Eyes is on my maybe list. (that's cool that you won it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Cinder, so much that even though I have it on my nook, I got a signed copy at the Festival of Books. I've only browsed the Outlandish Companion, but it does look good for refreshing the start of the series. I got more for the sources, because I'm a dork like that.

    ReplyDelete