Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday, July 20th: Book Blogger Hop and F&F




Crazy-for-Books is running this Book Blogger Hop to help connect book bloggers with other fellow book bloggers. Here's this week's question:
Q: What’s the ONE super-hyped book you’ll NEVER read?

A: I usually don't care about hypes, but the one that is really getting attention and I doubt I'll ever read is the Fifty Shades Trilogy. I know I'm not the only one who hasn't read it and I know I'm not the only one who is refusing to read it. It's funny though because I do enjoy reading erotica but this one feels like a badly written one. I could be wrong but I just can't make myself read this series.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!
Q: Christmas in July! Someone gives you a gift card for two books (whatever that costs). What two books will you buy?

A: Can this really happen?! I want this imaginary gift card lol.

The two books that I will buy will be the leather bound edition of the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe and the illustrated & unabridged edition of Phantom of the Opera. It would be really neat to have these on my permanent shelf.



*Side note: Please visit my voting TBR thread to help choose which book I should read next from my pile. I would greatly appreciate it :D

20 comments:

  1. I know this is sad but I haven't ever read either one , I need to branch out more.

    Happy Friday

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never read Fifty Shades either -erotica isn't for me . Only just heard that it isn't well edited either which surprised me seeing as it's selling like hot cakes. It's a shame when a self published book isn't exactly well written but yet you want to read it. If it's not been edited etc it lets it down big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprises me too that an erotica is selling like crazy.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you there! I will never read it!
    My daughter just told me that they are making it into a movie! She said "How can it be a movie? What's it gonna be rated? X?" I said "Yeah, it will be in the back of the video store, behind the black curtain."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jajaja "behind the curtain"...I wouldn't surprise me either.

      Maybe some of the book's storyline would be changed for the movie? This is what they did for Anne Rice's Exit to Eden. It was a horrible movie, which is sad because it's one of my favorite eroticas out there.

      Delete
  4. New Follower! Hopping through!

    ~Keegan Shayne
    http://thepaperparadise.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think 50 Shades is a really poor example of writing-- you're not missing much, in my opinion. I can say I will try a lot of things, but there is ONE I will never read that I shared on my hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. There is good erotica out there but I had a feeling that this is not it.

      Delete
  6. Oh, my! I totally wnat the illustrated Phantom of the Opera, too!

    I'm a new gfc follower. Would you please follow back?
    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/07/ff-feature-and-follow-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its horrible to say I have not read either, but I do really want to read Phantom of the Opera. Its on my TBR list. and I agree about 50 shades. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Following back :)
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Phantom on my Kindle - I loved the film and really want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phantom of the Opera would be amazing to own!

    I'm actually the opposite of you...never read romance/erotica but picked up the 50 Shades series. I will tell you I enjoyed the plot of the second and enjoyed both as a whole, but you are right about them being poorly written. I think everyone's just freaking out about all the sex in it.

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love visiting your blog.

    My answer is in the with popular one that I have seen today!!!! :)

    It was all over the bookstores in Scotland....front and center. UGGH.

    Stop by my blog for my full answer if you like.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh nice! Classic choices! I put a few classic editions on my Xmas list last year! Still need to read the Andersen Fairy Tales collection!

    Thanks for following my blog! New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't go wrong with classics! Thanks for stopping by my ff! New gfc follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower! Return the favour over at my blog, http://www.bethebooks.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I started out saying I would never read Fifty Shades but I gave in and really like it.

    New follower.

    Ashley
    Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopping through. I didn't want to read Fifty Shades, but I've gotten so curious that I want to read it now.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete