Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wild Wednesdays #4

It's Wednesday and I'm going to share my wild book hauls!!!

From Herbie's (a local organic store that does book swaps):

Dark Angels by Karleen Koen...the prequel to Through a Glass Darkly, which I haven't read yet.

American Psycho by Brett Easton Ellis...heard many things about it and it's a popular movie. Thought that I will check it out.






From Paperbackswap.com:

Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto...This author was mentioned in Anna and the French Kiss and it was such a peculiar name that I had to check out the author for myself. Kitchen is her most popular book.






From my wonderful library:

The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde...it's about Humpty Dumpty's murder. It's an interesting read so far.

Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas...audiobook and it's the second in the Travis series. Sugar Daddy was cute and I really wanted to know more about Hardy Cates.

Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas...audiobook and it's the last book in the Hathaways series. I love this series and I wonder how it's going to end.

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston...audiobook...I tried reading the print version but the vernacular language was too difficult for me to understand. I found myself too busy trying to make sense what the characters were saying instead of paying attention to the story. I hope the audio will be better.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke...this book caught my interest and I since I love chocolate and cookies, I had to read it.

I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giulia Melucci...audiobook that I am currently listening to. I'm almost done so a review should be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment