Monday, July 2, 2012

Musing Mondays (June 2)



A weekly meme hosted by MizB from Should be Reading.
This week's musing asks:
When you’re stuck for a book to read next, what do you do?

My Answer:
I used to get stuck for my next read all the time until I joined Shelfari online. Back then, I was not aware of the many different authors out there or the types of genres that I would like. Shelfari was able to introduce me to the book world.

There are many challenges through Shelfari, and this has kept me on my toes as to what I would read next. I am co-administrator for a group called Bibliophile on Shelfari so I have to read some of its BOTMs and post discussion questions. Then I also participate in Play Book Tag and Booktivity. Play Book Tag has a monthly tag theme where you are suppose to read a book with that tag. Booktivity has a montly book characteristic theme where you are suppose to read a book with it. These groups have made it easier for me to come up with my next read.

I also go to Barnes and Noble and the library, or I simply go on Youtube to watch some book vloggers. I like browsing through books so going to the library or a book store helps me see what interests me. Watching book vloggers introduces me to the what's hot out there or what books are really interesting. It has actually increased my TBR list :/

 

5 comments:

  1. Shelfari is a petty cool site, for sure :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/07/this-weeks-musing-asks-when-youre-stuck.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that the internet is a great way of expaning my reading tastes also. I haven't heard of the sites (other the Youtube) that you mention, so I must check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take a look at Shelfari and see if it is something that I would be interested in. Thanks for the visit today and becoming my new follower. I will follow you back right now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to shop both online and at the books store. I do use Goodreads more than Shelfar. Thanks for visiting. Following back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried Goodreads but I didn't really participate in it.

      Delete