Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #5


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here are my teasers:


"I've been a coward. Maybe I just didn't know how to express the simple thing you said: I can't begin to tell you how much it would mean for us to reconnect." ~ page 6 from The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel & Nancy Garfinkel






"On a rare occasion that they did catch a real witch or wizard, burning had no effect whatsoever. The witch or wizard would perform a basic Flame Freezing Charm and then pretend to shriek with pain while enjoying a gentle, tickling sensation." ~ page 2 from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

6 comments:

  1. Ah, you can't go wrong with Harry Potter. I like the other teaser too. I'm a cooking fan so it works for me. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! Yes, A Song of Ice and Fire series is spectacular, you should really check them out :) I just HAVE to re-read the Harry Potter series soon, thanks for reminding me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter oh if there is one I shall reread in time that's it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Harry. I remember there even was something about a crazy with or wizard who let themselves get burned over and over because they thought it was hilarious.
    Thanks for sharing and stepping by my TT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that witch got caught 47 times. It made me laugh.

      Delete
  5. Two really good Teasers! I'm such a huge HP fan. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete