Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's Friday and It's Book Blogger Hop Time!


Crazy-for-Books is running this Book Blogger Hop to help connect book bloggers with other fellow book bloggers. Here's this week's question:
If you could be a character from any book, who would you be?
My Answer:

After lots of thinking, the character that I would like to be is Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind. During a time when women were expected to be weak and submissive, Scarlett was an incredibly strong and determined woman who did not let anything stop her from getting what she wanted. I also love how mean she was yet still had a heart.

Will I be able to marry three times to get what I wanted like Scarlett did? I don't know. But if I were desperate enough, then yes. What I do know for sure is that I would have realized how important Rhett was to me before it was too late.

12 comments:

  1. OH! I love Gone With the Wind!!!! I love the book, I love the movie, I love Scarlett!
    What a tough strong woman she was, Her time period was not ready for the likes of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they defitnetly were not ready for her.

      Delete
  2. Would you believe I haven't read Gone With the Wind? But I'm familiar with the story and that is a fantastic choice. I love how you mentioned what you would have done differently!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When you have the time to attack the massive read, I recommend that you do read it, then watch the movie.

      Delete
  3. Ahh what a romantic & lovely choice! Scarlett is so strong.

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow....I love your choice. She is awesome.

    You definitely made a wonderful choice. I loved that book, that era, and Scarlett. FANTASTIC!!

    My first thoughts were.....I don’t think I would want to be any character in a book. :)

    But then I thought of two books I loved and listed those characters. :)

    Stop by for my full answer. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/07/book-blogger-hop-july-6-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog header! Gone with the Wind is my favorite book and I love Scarlett but I wouldn't mind being Melanie either. Love Scarlett for not letting anything get in her way and Melanie for seeing the good in everyone. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Melanie was a good character but her "niceness" was too much for me.

      Delete
  6. Interesting choice. I haven't read Gone with the Wind or even watch the movie. Not really my cup of tea. But I like the character you discribed.

    Happy Reading!

    Kelsey @ Ketch's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scarlett, what a great choice! Gone With the Wind is one of the finest books ever written :)

    http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Scarlett! So agree with everything you said. Those men in her life didn't know what hit 'em! I always loved how strong and stubborn she was. Great choice!

    Thanks again for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete