Monday, July 16, 2012

Musing Mondays (July 16th)


A weekly meme hosted by MizB from Should be Reading. This week's musing asks:

What are you currently reading? Is it any good? Would you recommend it?

A: I am currently reading three books: Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde, and Montana 1948 by Larry Watson.

All three books are good in their own way. The first one I've only listened to one hour of the audio and I could already tell it's going to be a sad story. I'm slowly listening to it because I am waiting for the DVD to show up at my library so I could do a book and  movie review. The second book is quite wacky. It's pretty much about Humpty Dumpty's murder and all storybook characters come out. The last book is an ebook that I got for a challenge and had no idea what to expect. A Native American is found dead and there is a good chance that she was murdered by the main character's uncle. I'm almost done with the last two books and should be posting a review very soon.

3 comments:

  1. I've read Their Eyes Were Watching God but I haven't heard of the other two books, I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting me today :) I've heard of Their Eyes Were Watching God, but never read it.

    ReplyDelete